We are about halfway through the first mystery this year. Since this my first real time viewing of VM, I want to figure out the mystery without spoiler help…which means I need to stay away from spoilers. We’ll see how that works. So this will just be a collection of my thoughts until I can ponder on it all some more. Feel free to add your arguments for or against.
Is it one of the series regulars?
– Logan? He’s got some evil tendencies, but this would be the absolute end of LoVe. Noir or not, I don’t see Rob & Rats going that way.
– Wallace? I think he’s on the way to something shady, but Wallace is a gentleman. For now.
– Piz? Could Piz hurt a fly???
– Dick? Another Casablancas rapist? Possibly. But since he’s a major source of comic relief, I don’t think they’re ready to send him off. However, I do think Dick’s wearabouts the night of Parker’s rape is major clue to the rapist.
– Weevil? Thug’s honor. We haven’t seen enough of him yet for me to believe he’s even involved in this arc. However, I could see him laying grounwork for the next arc.
Or is it one of the new recurring?
– Chip? The Pi Sig leader also seen in “Rapes of Graff”? He’s all kinds of shady but doesn’t fit my mental profile of a rapist. Why would a guy who’s regularly getting some have to attack girls? He can bully his frat brothers for kicks.
– Moe? Wallace & Piz’s BSG lovin’ RA? Nerd revenge maybe? Don’t mock…Beaver much?
– Mercer? The gambling ringleader.
– New Lucky aka Tim the TA– He’s got the creepy factor and the knowledge factor. I think they are saving him and the prof for Mystery #2 or 3.
Far right field entries?
– A girl with The Lillith House? I read this somewhere. That one of these women protesting is trying to get back at the Pi Sigs…it’s bizarre, but I don’t put much past the VM writers.
I can’t wait to see what’s next!